Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Happy 60th Birthday Mom!

Two months of preparing came down to last Saturday nights surprise party. What amazes me the most is that she was actually surprised. We sent her on a treasure hunt around town to her favorite places (Walmart, Sam's club and the movie theater). The last place was our house where she was met by 6 cans of silly string. We had a BBQ and then presented her a "life book". This was a book of stories, pictures and memories submitted by family and friends. We all had a good laugh.
For years she said it would be fun to get a pie in the face.

To top off the evening she got her long awaited wish.


I have a crazy mom.


2 comments:

Natalie said...

That is hilarious!!!! What fun it looks like you had. I loved the pie in the face. Remind me not to ever wish for that one ;)

Jeni said...

What a fun idea! My mom turns 60 this year too & I would love to do something fun like that for her! You are good kids to do that for your mom!