Sunday, June 01, 2008

The rest of our trip

We're home from vacation. boo-hoo! Here aer some of the remaining pictures from our trip. Here is a picture of Karen (Jay's mom) working hard on her mission.

It tooks us 3 failed attempts at finding a beach before we found this one. It was the only thing Liberty wanted to do was go to the beach and collect sea shells. Here we are at Sandy Point in Annapolis, MD.
Jay and I were walking ahead and out of the corner of my eye I noticed Liberty was missing for a split second. I turned around and this is what she looked like. She claimed she tripped and fell into the water. Secretly I know she wanted to get wet and of course we had no change of clothes.

Here we are at the Naval Academy in Annapolis.

This is at Arlington National Cemetery. In the background is the tomb of the unknown soldier from WWI. It is guarded 24 hours a day all year round. We were able to see the changing of the guards. It was truly amazing to be there and feel the sacredness of such a reverent place.


This is George Washington's house at Mount Vernon. If you have seen National Treasure II you will remember that part of it was filmed here. They actually had a tour for the movie that we went on. The next picture shows the door that leads into the cellar that Nicolas Cage and the President went in to find the secret tunnel. Here's the bummer. There really is no secret tunnel. But it was still cool to see the chambers.



This is the tomb of George Washington. Next to him on your left is Martha (his wife). I sound like a tour guide don't I.
That's it-of course we didn't get to see everything when we were there, but it was still an amazing experience. If you ever have the chance to go, I highly recommend it.







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I didn't realize we had a tomb for George Washington. Never really thought about it I guess. Thanks for the tour though...it was neat to see all your vacation pics!
Brandy

Jeni said...

I'm so glad Liberty got to "Fall in" the ocean! :) How Fun!

Natalie said...

I am so jealous to got to visit my old stomping grounds. I still have been back since my mission - but it's on my list of upcoming vacations. Fun to see what you have been up to :)