Saturday, February 23, 2008

What a week! I'll warn you now, you will not get any warm fuzzies reading this post. It all started with Midnight taking a nap on the engine of my car (see post below). Then our wood burning stove tried to catch our house of fire. Luckily, we were home when it happened and were able to put it out with a squirt bottle and a pitcher of water. Sunday morning Liberty woke up with a bloody nose and got blood all over the bathroom counter, mirror, rug, her pj's and bed. Thursday night about 8:00 Jay got a flat tire on the way home from work. It was 2 degrees out, the tire was shredded, the spare was flat and a police officer told us to get it hauled away in the next 2 hours. So, we took the spare home, pumped it up and was able to get the car home. Friday morning (yesterday) I left the house to go get new tires on the car and about a 1/2 mile down the road Midnight's baby 'Jag' jumped out from somewhere in the car and was run over. It was absolutely horrible to see him suffer the next 10 minutes as he bled internally. He was 7 months old and the coolest cat I have ever had. He followed us around everywhere. I cried all day and am even tearing up writing this. I put some pictures together in memory of him.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a crazy week, I'm so sorry about your cat. Hope things are all better now. It is fun to see the pictures of your house.
Tammy

Natalie said...

OH!!! I am so sorry for you. Wish I could give ya a big hug. Sounds like it was a super rough week. HUGS!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you could use some Calgon!!! Or even a girls night out! Wish we could come take you away for a few hours. Glad to see you and your family survived the week. I'm really sorry about your cat! Take care!
Brandy

Anonymous said...

Well, I haven't tuned in for awhile and figured it was time to get caught up and man! Things can only get better from here. Sorry to hear about your cat too. Your house looks beautiful though. We still have nothing set yet for the move, but are working on it. I will keep you posted. Hope to see sunshine and roses on your next post :) Kylie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the encouraging words. I miss you guys.

Jill

Natalie said...

LAYN - Get some warm fuzzy posting going on - what's the latest??????

Anonymous said...

I keep forgetting my camera when I go to my folks house. I'll try to remember.

Jill