Friday, November 07, 2008

Where's a glove...?



My SIL Cathy has to have her dogs anal glands cleaned regularly. She takes her dog to the vet once a month and pays them to do it. I kept bugging her that it couldn't be that bad and do it herself and keep the money. Well one day we were at their house and Jesse says I smell something and sure enough Maddie (our dog) needed her glands cleaned. So, to eat my words I attempted to take care of the problem myself. That's all I'm going to say. Now I know why vets get paid the big bucks. That was really gross. Oh yeah, guess who took the picture? ...Cathy.

6 comments:

Jeni said...

Oh my. You get the best laugh of the day award.
I have a question for you...do you like to pop zits too? :)
TOO FUNNY JILL!

Anonymous said...

My sister, Jamie, had to take her dog in monthly for this procedure too. I wonder how common it is?! This act alone would keep me from being a vet. totally gross! Hope all is well! take care!
Brandy

lani said...

I knew there was a reason I didn't want a dog!!! You are a woman of many talents :) And I've never heard of the this procedure before--learn something new everyday, I guess!

The Grant Family said...

Jeni, I don't know if I dare admit that I like to pop zits. I'm OBSESSED with it. Why do you ask?

Vennesa said...

You've just given me one more reason to add to the list of "Why We Don't Have a Dog".

Scuba Steve said...

I don't know where to begin, . . . That is so wrong in so many ways. And that's all I have to say about that.

Steve Nieder-